FIRE PREVENTION/SAFETY

Fire & Carbon Monoxide, Prevention & Safety:

Carbon monoxide is a true silent killer.  It is a colorless, odorless gas that can affect you without warning.  It is especially dangerous for our community as we tend to leave stoves and ovens on over Shabbos and Yom Tov.  If you have a carbon monoxide leak overnight, a carbon monoxide detector can truly make the difference between you waking up, or C'V not waking up.  Symptoms can include, but are not limited to: dizziness, sleepiness, feeling or appearing unusually flushed without anything else like a fever to attribute it to, headaches, etc.  Some of these symptoms can be from many other causes.  It is a very ominous sign if multiple people in the same area are feeling the same way.  Immediately get everyone to a source of fresh air, and call the fire department/911/Hatzolah.  Fire, although more obvious, can be just as deadly, if not more so.    Install or test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, TODAY!

For more information of fire & carbon monoxide prevention & safety, please visit nfpa.org/safetytips

 



© Copyright 2017 - Hatzolah Vol EMS of MIDDLESEX COUNTY - Powered By Jolt Design (JS-50)
Hatzolah Vol EMS of MIDDLESEX COUNTY is an IRS approved 501(c)3 tax-deductable organization